ASPEN SHORTSFEST 2014
23rd Annual | April 8 - 13 2014 | Aspen Colorado USA
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION ENTRY GUIDELINES
Aspen Shortsfest seeks entries demonstrating originality, creativity, integrity and technical excellence in their approach to their subject matter and to the art of short cinema.
Aspen Shortsfest's 2014 International Competition will award over $13,000 in prizes.
Earlybird (Discounted Fee) Entry Deadline: October 15, 2013
Regular Entry Deadline: November 29, 2013
Late Entry Deadline: December 13, 2013
Extended Entry Deadline: December 31, 2013
ASPEN SHORTSFEST 2014 is now accepting entries
through the online entry service Withoutabox:
CLICK HERE TO ENTER ONLINE:
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING REGULATIONS AND GUIDELINES
FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO ENTER YOUR SHORT:
ASPEN SHORTSFEST 2014 - REGULATIONS AND GUIDELINES
By agreeing to the terms and conditions on the entry form for Aspen Shortsfest, the person or entity (the Applicant) submitting an entry (the Short) to Aspen Shortsfest 2014 (ASF) acknowledges that he or she has read, understood and agrees to the following rules and guidelines:
1. The Applicant is legally authorized to enter the Short in ASF, and the Short is not subject to any claims or litigation and is not threatened by any claims or litigation.
2. Entries must be 40 minutes or under in length, completed since December 1, 2012, and submitted in one of the following categories: Animation, Comedy, Documentary, or Drama.
3. To qualify for the Student Award, the Short must have been completed while enrolled in an accredited film or media arts course or program.
4. Non-English language shorts must be subtitled in English or contain minimal dialog.
5. Entries previously submitted to either Aspen Filmfest or Aspen Shortsfest cannot be considered for Aspen Shortsfest 2014.
6. Entries previously exhibited in a public screening in Colorado cannot be considered for Aspen Shortsfest 2014.
7. ASF can only accept, consider and notify entries submitted with valid entry form and non-refundable entry fee. To be considered for ASF, the Applicant must fill out the entry form at Withoutabox.com. Applicant must submit either a Secure Online Screener or a DVD playable on US-formatted DVD player. (DVD must be shipped by the Entry Deadline appropriate to the Entry Fee paid.)
Entry Fee payment must be made online through Withoutabox, or included with DVD.
8. Late Entries: If you are unable to meet the December 13th (Late) deadline, please contact ASF at shortsfestATaspenfilm.org or (+1 970) 925-6882 x306 and tell us of your intent to send a late entry.
9. To verify ASF has received your entry, see the Withoutabox entry status, send entry DVD by Registered Mail or courier service, or include a self-addressed postcard. Please do not call or email the office.
10. Selected short finalists will be notified in late February. All other entrants will receive notice by March 8, 2014. If your contact information changes between entry submission and our notification date, please update your information on WAB and email changes to ASF at: shortsfestATaspenfilm.org.
11. Entry materials such as DVDs or press kits cannot be returned.
12. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials in the Short. The Applicant releases and discharges ASF, its employees and agents from any and all claims, demands or causes of actions related to misappropriation or infringement of copyright or violation of any other right arising out of or relating to this Short.
13. In the event that the Short is accepted as a Finalist by ASF, the Applicant hereby agrees to the following rights and requests and grants to ASF without reservations, conditions or qualifications:
14. ASF reserves the right to screen an exhibition-quality videotape or digital file of the Short (see guidelines for accepted formats) during ASF (April 8-13, 2014).
15. ASF reserves the right to coordinate ALL publicity and press outreach concerning the Short’s presentation at ASF, including but not limited to:
16. ASF reserves the right to use excerpt clips, still images and/or titles, and information from or relating to the Short for promotional purposes in all media including Aspen Film's website.
17. ASF reserves the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Short and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information.
18. ASF reserves the right to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Short and to grant ASF the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
19. ASF reserves the right to retain a preview copy of any Short selected as a Finalist for ASF’s non-circulating library.
20. ASF reserves the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees, any entry which is in violation of the guidelines and participation agreement.
* To verify ASF has received your entry, see the Withoutabox entry status, send entry DVD by Registered Mail or courier service, or include a self-addressed postcard. Please do not call or email the office.
* Selected short finalists will be notified in late February. All other entrants will receive notice by March 8, 2014.
* To ensure timely notification - If your contact information changes between entry submission and our notification date, please update your information on WAB and email changes to ASF at: shortsfestATaspenfilm.org.)
* Entry materials such as preview media or press kits cannot be returned.
Early Bird (fee discount) - October 15, 2013
Regular - November 29, 2013
Late - December 13, 2013
WAB Extended - December 31, 2013
Early Bird Fee - $40 (Standard) $35 (WAB Discount)
Entry registered at WAB and Secure Online Screener available online or DVD postmarked no later than October 15
Regular Entry Fee - $50 (Standard) $45 (WAB Discount)
Entry registered at WAB and Secure Online Screener available online or DVD postmarked after October 15 but no later than November 29
Late Entry Fee – $75 (Standard) $70 (WAB Discount)**
Entry registered at WAB and Secure Online Screener available online or DVD postmarked after November 29 but no later than December 13
WAB Extended Entry Fee - $100 (Standard) $75 (WAB Discount)**
Entry registered at WAB and Secure Online Screener available online or DVD postmarked after December 13 but no later than December 31, 2013
**(Contact Aspen Shortsfest before entering after Dec 13)
ENTER YOUR SHORT: Withoutabox
Aspen Shortsfest is now accepting entries submitted on the web through the online entry service Withoutabox:
CLICK HERE TO ENTER ONLINE:
If you encounter difficulty with online entry using Withoutabox, or do not wish to enter online, please contact Aspen Shortsfest's office.
ASPEN SHORTSFEST 110 E. Hallam Suite 102, Aspen, CO 81611, USA
TEL: (+1 970) 925 6882 ext. 306 FAX: (+1 970) 925 1967
Aspen Shortsfest prefers online entries submitted via Withoutabox.com, which provides cost-saving, paperless submission to film festivals around the world. Withoutabox's internet-only submission platform features online applications via one master entry form, online fee payments, press kits, and the option to use Secure Online Screeners, an economical, eco-friendly, and secure alternative to traditional hard-copy DVD submissions. Fill out one master entry form and take advantage of quick entry, extended deadlines, and powerful submission management tools. There's no extra cost to you, and by submitting, you'll join Withoutabox's global filmmaker community and stay in the loop about international exhibition opportunities. Click to submit your film today!
*Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.